This is a book review.
From what I have noticed, self-help or self-improvement books have two main qualities:
- They usually have great advice
- They usually are written very simply
Winning Habits: 4 Secrets that Will Change the Rest of your Life by Dick Lyles foots the bill.
It is a good read, but super simple.
For some, simple is good. For others, simple is…well simple.
If you are looking to read a good piece of literature — this book is not it! But if you are looking to gain insights into some work habits that could change your life. Winning Habits accomplishes the goal.
The book is written in story format so the lessons can be cemented into the brain. Here are the four habits, which I will share from memory to demonstrate how easy the book is to understand and implement:
- Be the first on and the last to leave (do more than is expected of you)
- Never trade results for excuses (Nike said it like this: just do it!)
- Solve problems in advance (prepare for the tangents)
- Always make those around you look good (do good unto others always)
I confess, I had to look up number four because I couldn’t remember. While I am sharing these four principles with you — to fully understand what the author means by each and for a plan of implementation — including templates for troubleshooting and problem solving — read the book.
This is perfect reading for a plane trip (which is when I read my copy). It is available for a reasonable price on Amazon (like as low as .04 cents).
Dick Lyles is the author of best-selling book “Winning Ways“
Keep reading and keep learning. That’s my tip for success!